Seahawks defensive end Frank Clark ended up in the hospital twice last week due to food poisoning he believes came from an undercooked turkey burger.
Clark said he lost 12 pounds and needed eight rounds of intravenous fluids to help replace what he had lost after multiple incidents of vomiting.
“I just wanted to get my fluids back in me,” Clark said. “I know I had lost a lot throwing up. I had been throwing up nonstop for the last, what, 48 hours? Once I knew I got my fluids back, I knew I was going to be able to come out here and compete.”
Clark said he began feeling amiss during the team’s walkthrough prior to practice last Wednesday. The team sent him home and he twice had to go to the hospital in the ensuing days before…